Friday, October 17, 2008

3 weeks later.


I am alive and just fine. The typoon that pased through a couple of weeks did not affect me or anybody around where I live.

Funny things or very different.

1. Back in America, you hear the ice-cream truck and the music. The same music is when you need to take out your trash. After over 20 years, I feel like I am being tricked. I think about ice-cream, but only find a cone full of garbage. What a pity!

2. Many of the people are indirect to people. Ex. I was being slow and going through my bag. My friend, was waiting for me as he wanted to go to his room and take a shower. He was waiting for me and asked if I would like to go to his room. If it was more direct, It might be (America): "Come on, let's go. Hurry up. I'm hot and sweaty and I need a shower. Let's go to my room."

"Another one of my co-workers, wanted to give me some suggestions, but didn't know how to be too honest. She told me I am good at teaching advanced levels, but here meaning was that I needed to use simple English with students.

3. I'm an English Teacher. That's funny in itself. I remember back in college being one of the worst at grammar. I improved a lot and it was a lot of hard work. But this is one of those funny moments God does. His grace is humerus too. Too think: English teacher. I'm learning English as I'm teaching.

4. I stand out a whole lot. I'm white, blonde haired, and blue eyed. I get many hello's and girls following me like I'm a movie star. Really, I'm not that good looking.

5. Many Stares at me. It is especially funny when a bunch of us OMF'ers walked down the street towards church. We stood out quite a lot.

6. Talking about non-sense. A good friend I met in Taiwan, Jonas and myself talk about some of the most non-sense stuff and laugh about it. If I was talking to an intellectual person, they probably would tell me I'm full of rubbish.

7. I do have serious conversations to people. I'm not that out of my mind. Thank you very much!

8. The only internet connection I have is in a coffee shope. Donutes. It is kind of like 'Starbucks' plus the hip hop music. I try to talk to people on Skype and they get headaches from listening to the hip-hop English music. It's very dirty.

9. Getting lost!!! I have gotten lost so many times, especially in Dashe. First I have no sense of direction. Second, I the roads turn this way and that. If you go North, then it changes to East.

10. Top one is my sleep. I usually sleep like a baby. I am out. Lately I have been having a lot of stress from my new job and I think about it a lot, especially in my dreams. A couple nights I started to sleep teach. I found myself, standing up, in my night clothes, and with my finger pointing or writting on the board, as if I was teaching to my students. They are children. Thank God I have relief and I'm not sleep teaching. I truly was able to get some rest from teaching Children.

Many times I get excited. I'll have to tell myself or my friend Jonas will say: "Calm Down! Kids are cute."


Enough of my interesting non-sense that actually has some meaning, only if you understand me.

No comments: